Thursday 15 December 2011

HOW BUSY ARE WE?



Below are the latest figures for my surgery Electronic Access by patients in November 2011.

Electronic Access Activity
Frequency
System log-on
828
Failed log-on
73
Repeat medication items requested
625
Make appointment
209
Cancel appointment
78
File change of address
5
Change of address request
8
Number of individuals using access
325

 Since activation at the end of 2007, 1322 different patients have utilised electronic access at my surgery out of nearly 9000 on our list.

Questions I am left asking:

Why do so many people fail in attempts to log-on?
Is the system too complex?
How much activity goes on at other surgeries?
What is the difference between filing an address change and requesting one?
No medical record access yet – should I be disappointed?

Will have to ask my supplier a few questions….

AND I DID NOT KNOW..

Patients can access their appointments or medications at my surgery from digital television, Sky, Virgin, web-enabled mobile phone or Nintendo Wii internet channel!

I will need to sort out an ‘on-line’ health game to attract teenagers – perhaps a marketing opportunity here….. Shoot the Norovirus? Modern Germ Warfare 3? Harry Potter and the Impossible Diagnosis?

IMZ-bul0217.jpg

Peter S.

No comments:

Post a Comment