Sunday 4 December 2011

I no time at all....

Sending out my first Medical Records log-in details to interested patients on monday. I wonder how it will go?

I have shot a brief video of myself accessing an 'on-line' medical records, but do not yet have the skills to upload it! It took around 40 seconds to log-in to the Welcome Screen, 15 seconds to register the Additional Records Security Password and then about 10 seconds to Confirm Identity and get to a medical record. Does not seem to bad to me, in comparison to many on-line shopping sites?

See below some screen-shots from the EMIS system in use at my surgery (with permission of M Mouse). This is just one of the GP systems used in England, but provides the majority of patient access to GP records at the moment - hopefully similar options will develop soon for all systems (and patients):

On-line log in screen


Welcome screen

The above screen is familiar to the many patients who benefit from electronic ordering of medication and appointments, but adds the option of a medical record view.

Medical Record security screen (a bit like 'Bank' security)


Identity Confirmation screen

Medical Record!!

So there you have it. - childs' play????

No comments:

Post a Comment